Thursday, March 7, 2013

Morning vs. afternoon workouts

I think I'm finally going to admit that I don't like afternoon workouts. Today I got in to the gym at 4 and it was such a struggle to get in the groove. I felt like quitting early, which scared me, because I haven't felt that yet. I just know if those sorts of feelings keep piling up eventually this fitness kick will come to an end. Fortunately, at about 30 mins I got in the mood. However, this means I need to make some changes -- back to mornings.

I just don't know how I am going to make that work! I have to study at a minimum 6-8 hours a day and I have to do that out of the house (from past experience, staying at home to study is the most inefficient thing I could do!). I also don't want to sit around in my sweat to study. I tried a schedule where I did gym first, shower at home, and back out to the library/coffee shop to study, which worked great workout-wise. However, my studying suffered (which I was willing to let happen while the stakes were lower... but now they are not. I have boards in June, which is the biggest exam I will ever take. This is no SAT or MCAT... I am not exaggerating.) so I switched to study, gym, study. But working out has been extremely difficult - I can't push myself as hard or run as well at 4 PM.

Not sure what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment