Tuesday, February 19, 2013

5k planned for 3/19!

I finally got a taker on the 5k! So I'll be running on March 19th for a charity that funds ALS research! My goal is just to run the whole thing (no walking intervals). This is pretty ambitious because I basically only have three weeks to go from 5 minute intervals to no breaks! The first 5k I participated in almost 3 months ago took me 42-ish minutes to complete (I was doing 1 minute jog/1 minute walk). I'm currently doing a 39-ish minute 5k (I know, not really much improvement, but I'm focusing on endurance first... I also think that the 42 minutes was probably faster than I was actually capable of and that the whole race environment motivated me to go faster? We'll see if I get a little race day bump this time too then!)

I'll have to come up with some sort of running schedule to make this happen. Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment