Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snowed in - hopped on the treadmill


Today was kind of a crazy day: 1) It snowed! for the first time in 20 years or something. 2) I ran a 10 minute interval at 5.5 mph on the treadmill. I bumped up my 5 min interval to 10, which is awesome! Granted, I only did one interval, but that's all I wanted to do today. Tomorrow (hopefully the snow is a freak thing and we'll be back to beautiful running weather) I'll try to do 30 minutes (so 3 intervals).

On the calorie side of things though... I tarnished an otherwise awesome day with a sugar cookie. Just one cookie, you ask? Nooo. Post-gym I met up with my boyfriend who was eating a breakfast burrito from Yumi's. Their breakfast burritos are sooo amazing - but probably also qualify as lard bombs. I had a bite and though I staved off the temptation to buy one, as soon as I got home I made my own lard bomb. The damage - 2 strips of turkey bacon (70 cals), 1 wheat thinwich (110 cals), with cheese (110 cals I'm guessing), 2 eggs (120 calories), and olive oil (?? I did go heavy on it by accident). Sooooo huge healthy eating sidetrack, but it was delicious. I'm hoping that since I indulged, I won't be having a similar craving for a while.

Fingers crossed for a good running day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment